[ExI] safer now;

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 01:37:39 UTC 2008

At 08:54 PM 3/16/2008 -0400, "Gary Miller" wrote:

>And the white preachers you mention do exploit the fear of hell and the
>guilt of their parishioners to fill the collection plate, but they are not
>teaching the children to hate their own country and blame all of their
>problems on people who are of a different color than they are.  And that is
>the part that I consider vile.

This is a very odd interpretation of what Wright is quoted as saying
in his sermons. Granted, because of the long horrible history of
racism in the USA, proportionately more govt decision makers are
white than black or some other hue--but are you really claiming that
to denounce actions of US governments or corporations is an attack on
*Caucasians*? If so, you might be right, but I imagine black
military, political and corporate leaders would be angered to hear
that their decisions and contributions are obliterated in this way.

Damien Broderick