[ExI] safer now;

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 02:38:18 UTC 2008

At 06:58 PM 3/16/2008 -0700, Olga wrote:

>I will say that it's both telling and sad that
>even in 2008, to many white people "America" and "white people" are somewhat
>synonymous.

Yet one problem with feeling thoroughly outraged about this (as I
think we should) is that in realpolitik terms, it *is* overwhelmingly
the case. Even in states like Texas and California where the
demographics might lead one to expect otherwise. (Maybe less so in
the military, although it appears white boys [mostly,
*proportionately*) don't sign up, and black and other hues do; but I
haven't found good stats.)

Damien Broderick