[ExI] safer now;

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 03:58:51 UTC 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYe7MT5BxM

>In it he is clearly
>telling the parishioners that it is rich white Americans who are controlling
>the country and the culture.

Amazing! Whereas, *proportionately*, it's actually... who? The poor
green Martians?

<snip>

>He then goes on to say that
>Jesus has taught him to love his enemies.  So since he's only talking about
>blacks and rich white people guess who the enemies are that he is talking
>about.

Look again. I don't know anything more about this guy than a few news
snippets and what I just saw on that rather rousing video, but it's
obvious that he's not what anyone with cone receptors would
spontaneously call "black"--and his anger at the end is clearly
directed at those bigots (his word) of his own community who
presumably have said he's "not black enough" and, also presumably,
that Obama is not black enough. Hillary, he points out, "has never
had her own people say she's not white enough." (Of course, he's
neglecting the many humans of all hues who tell her that she's "not
male enough," but also "not youthful and pretty enough," and that
she's "too male".) Take another look. Get it?

Damien Broderick