[ExI] Race Biology

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu Mar 20 00:00:31 UTC 2008

Damien requests about my sardonic original reply to The Avantguardian
that I explain.

BTW folks, real busy here.  Didn't mean to act the troll.

I was going to respond tomorrow, cannot today, except
for what follows very briefly:

Damien wrote

> At 06:28 PM 3/19/2008 -0400, Rafal wrote of Stuart's quote from Lee:
>
>> > It gets worse. Much worse. The New England Journal of Medicine
>> > actually reported an investigation of differences in the
>> > effectiveness
>> > of two types of hypertension medication in the so-called "black"
>> > people and the so-called "white" people here in the U.S.  You won't
>> > believe this, but they even went on---surely in the full knowledge
>> > that race is a biological fallacy (they're surely not that un-read)
>> > ---to allude to a so-called "fact" that the so-called "black" people
>> > are more likely than the so-called "white" people to have nitric-
>> > oxide insufficiency. (Can you believe it??)

Heavy into ridicule (a fair weapon when you suspect you're in
the minority). But Damien, I *do* believe that Stuart got it---
he just chose not to play games and just lay it all out the way
he thinks it is.

Rafal then says

>>### I really despise the idea that somebody would denounce and
>>suppress life-saving research, if that research acknowledges the
>>biological reality of race.
>
> Lee, for the lova dog, will you please explain that this was a
> sardonic reductio ad absurdum, not a genuine position statement.

Damien, I also strongly suspect that Rafal "got it" too. But nonetheless
your advice is to be heeded:   lurkers by the galore might not get it.

Thanks everyone for now!

Lee