[ExI] Cryogenics Faith or a Belief? {Terry}

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:26:12 UTC 2008

 Terry wrote:
Majority of beliefs on superiority of one race over another cause
conflicts due to ignorance or innate tendency to survive in the
changing environment. Some sociologists fear that global warming is one
of the factors why immigration to European countries are on the rise.
The changes in climate that cause drought cause the migration of
primates from one place to another to look for food. In turn these
events cause the domino effect leading to the present conflict/ wars
between the affluent and less affluent nations.

Yes, a big reason we need to get a grip on global warning before it spins
out of control is because war will blossom between resource hungry major
powers who will be desperate to keep their economies going.  And in this
scenario we will also see a massive refugee problem.

you continue:
The mixture of race and skin color pales in comparison to a much larger
conflict that can lead to the extinction of the human race. The
probability of this happening is high and imho cryogenics is a belief
akin to a religious belief if we cling to it as the only solution to
the preservation of the human race.

Cryonics as a solution for the need to preserve the human race in case of
impending extinction? LOL  Where did you get that idea?  Cryonics as it is
practiced today (and in the near future) will not be as an escape vehicle
for humanity!  It takes a decent social and economic infrastructure to
support a cryonics facility.  Also, I don't think cryonics should be
compared to religion or seen as competing with it.

you continue:
Technologists who focus on creating the process of cryogenics may
overlook what is needed right here and now.  We explored the cosmos but
we have'nt controlled the weather. We barely touch the tip of the ice
berg so to speak when it comes to understanding the processes of nature
such as:
1. Consciousness
2. Mutating virus causing epidemics
3. Emotional vs. Rational behavior

Terry, the researchers who are trying to improve cryonics are just a
*tiny/microscopic* drop in the bucket of the technologists who are out there
doing various kinds of work.  Please don't put a guilt trip on them for not
mastering weather control! LOL  A handful of scientists with rather limited
funds have worked very hard to get cryonics where it is now (and it still
has a long ways to go).  American and global basic science research will be
making rapid strides over the coming several decades in the three areas you
listed.

John Grigg  : )