[ExI] Arthur C. Clarke dies

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Mar 21 01:56:40 UTC 2008

>I am sad, very very sad.

Yep. me too. There's a special group of people in Boulder this week, and
tonight, 5-10 of us went to the nearest pub and talked about Pluto and
national space agencies and science fiction and ... Sir Arthur. Everyone
around the table knew the details of every scene in 2001, for example,
with several explaining more details that they learned from interviews
with Kubrick and Clarke. I can't tell you how wrong it is for me to be
watching and hearing (and learning) of the detailed planning for the Pluto
flyby in July 2015, knowing that Arthur C. Clarke is gone. Space
missions and ACC should never be separated. Never. But now they are.

But today is also the first day of Spring. I made my first presentation
to the team with my first (excellent :-) ) results, and the rest of my
life is cruising on overdrive, with my biggest plans exactly on track.
So this year will be the best year, ever. We salute you, Sir Arthur; you
will always be with us in memory.

Amara
--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado