[ExI] news: "Australian Man Uses Robot to Commit Suicide"

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Sun Mar 23 02:33:16 UTC 2008

Damien said:

<<Well, he gets to violate the first of Asimov's unbreakable Laws of
Robotics, which must provide a degree of grim satisfaction as one
departs...>>

A single 22 slug doesn't always get the job done.  Or if it does, it could
take a while to work and be very painful.

My guess is that the the apparatus used a 22 semi automatic to fire multiple
shots into the brain either through the eye socket or up through the mouth
to insure a relatively quick and painless demise.

But then again maybe the robot just made it look like a suicide.

I wonder why the apparatus did not call for a larger caliber such as a 45
where a single shot should be sufficient.

Maybe thats to prevent having to have a closed casket though.