[ExI] Technological singularity/simulation of reality

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sun Mar 23 17:39:56 UTC 2008

"On this mailing list "singularity" usually referrers to the
technological singularity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity  This is the
level of technology where humans are no longer in charge of history
and projection of the future becomes impossible.

AI and nanotechnology are bound up together because either one leads
to the other in a short time frame.

Black holes are not a source of energy at our current technological
level, even if we had one.

Keith
___________

Hi, where in my post did I say black holes are a source of energy?
There are many technological singularities, the discovery of tools
dates back with the invention of the wheel, telescopes, medical {drug}
and surgical treatments using genetic modification processes as in
cloning of some animals and plant modification/cross pollination to
produce a different copy from the original structure.

Cryogenics use what tool to reverse cell deaths? Our current
technological level is adequate with some organ transplants but not yet
successful in some level. We cannot transplant brains and consciousness
at this point in time. So are you saying that in some remote time the
merging of AI and nanotechnology would produce a singularity?
In other words, simulation of reality is virtual reality, another robot
like existence.

Terry