[ExI] "an aboriginal human from 70,000 B.C."

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon Mar 24 19:30:53 UTC 2008

Stathis:
>Still, many Maori today consider the colonisers murderers and land
>thieves, which undoubtedly some were.

>Better not to be colonised.

I was born in Honolulu two years after it made Statehood. When I lived
in Hawaii in the 60s, the Hawaiian islands were a melting pot that
didn't seem to me to be melting very well.

A look at the history, indicates some of the reasons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hawaii

Today there is still a contingent of Hawaiians who dispute the legality
of the Statehood vote and don't appreciate being 'colonized'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Admission_Act
http://www.808talk.com/2007/08/19/808t-e117-hawaii-statehoodillegal/

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado