[ExI] Fear of Death

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Mar 25 08:09:58 UTC 2008

Terry writes

>>> Of course, I want to be alive with all my faculties for
>>> thinking and feeling intact.
> >
> > Lee: "I'm glad to hear that!  Even in the far future, I take it?
> > Does this mean that you are an opponent of dying?"
>
> I said in my previews post "Nobody dies". If you mean by dying as the
> irreversible loss of consciousness per se, no.

Nobody dies?  You are quite serious?  Surely you believe
that a bandit with a gun can kill you.  Wouldn't you find
that at least inconvenient?

In your way of using words, how should the 30,000,000
who're no longer with us since the Great Leap Forward
be described?   Not as dead?

> > > Time does not exist permanently.
> >
> Lee:
> > "That is the sort of statement that should seriously, seriously,
> > be deleted upon a re-reading just before you click on "send".
> > What on Earth are your poor readers to think of such a claim???
> > Have mercy."
>
> My reply: Time exist as a thought so which time /thought is true?

Your reply is yet another question.  Been hitting the Zen bottle, eh?

But your "Time does not exist permanently" is seriously funny!
You ought to consider putting that on your tombstone!  Is there
a passerby whose grave aspect would not at least for a moment
be lightened by such?  W.C. Fields move over.

Lee