[ExI] America: Home of All Evil

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Tue Mar 25 19:25:53 UTC 2008

Stefano Vaj wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Kevin Freels <kevinfreels at insightbb.com> wrote:
>
>>  Those with little power always resent those with more power. This is
>> normal. If the US disappeared, someone else would become the "most" powerful
>> nation and they would then become the object of disdain. Before the US it
>> was Germany, and Russia, and the British and the French, and so it goes on.
>> One day someone else will take the reigns - and they can be hated just the
>> same.
>>

> There is however a difference. Globalisation, especially cultural
> globalisation (say, monoglottism),  appears as an "Americanisation"
> from abroad (even though it may have little to do with any copying of
> the actual US society), and it is a phenomenon that has little
> precedents in old-style imperialism.
>
> Stefano Vaj

I agree. I wonder why given that, aside from redneckism, American
culture is largely grown from a mix of various other cultures that
despise us. Is it the fact that most of us would gladly do business
with, work with, or marry others of different cultures despite our
differences? Is that somehow viewed by others as being unprincipled? Any
other ideas? Why do you think this is?