[ExI] Gigideath ?

Chris Petersen moses2k at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:38:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>
wrote:

> At 04:08 PM 3/25/2008 -0500, Chris wrote:
>
> >I took it as a reference to
> ><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibit>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibit
>
> Sorry, no cigar. That'd be Gibideath. As in "Gibilibitty, or gibideath!"

Yeah, noticed after posting.

So...I just had a neat little experience.  I searched for 'Gigideath' on
Google (in Seamonkey with NoScript), hit the first link (a MySpace profile),
saw a partially loaded page and then had my WinXP GUI completely lock-up,
mouse and all.  After a hard-reboot and a full AV and ARk scan, I tried it
in Firefox with no problem; the culprit was apparently a ani-gif background.

The punchline, of course, being that you could say that I had a gigideath of
my own.

...if you really wanted to.  Cheers.

-Chris

P.S. Black text on black; it's Geocities all over again.