[ExI] Space Elevator (Going Down)

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:26:19 UTC 2008

Gary Miller>My idea was to just bury the nuke deep enough that upon
detonation we create artificial Geothermal energy sources here on Earth.

As far as I know, Iceland uses geothermal a lot. But they've high volcanic
activity all across the island.
Geothermal doesn't need to be very deep. There's an alternative which is the
hot rock bed. You just dig deep enough (3 - 4 km) to reach a really hot rock
and then pour water down the hole and it creates vapour. Then we can use a
trustworthy steam turbine to produce our beloved electricity.

http://exergy.se/goran/cng/alten/proj/98/geotermal/geo.htm