[ExI] the really important urgent issues

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 00:06:04 UTC 2008

 I had some thoughts a while back about creating an up to date version of the scouts, that does all the usual wholesome activities etc, with up to date things like car maintenance, Computers and also continues into early adulthood with some coming of age type benchmarks. The basic idea being to keep Yoof's off the street, give them a sense of self respect, a morally grounded peer group outside their family, and a sense of belonging in the community.
I scrapped the idea as a no hoper after I caught a 10 year old kid scrumping apples from one of my trees. First I laughed at the little chap running around being egged on by his mates, Then I did the big bad house owner bit ' Get out of my garden, I know your Mum'. The reason I gave up on the idea was what happened next. He shouted 'Yeah F at ck @ff, You can't do anything you F at cking C at nt!!!' The whole group then started shouting words they shouldn't know and started throwing stones at my windows!

Ahh bless em. Little F at ckers!
Kids today, you just can't beat em (unfortunately)
Alex