[ExI] Next Decade May See No Warming

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:52:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The only way to
>  solve the problem seems to be if there is an opportunity to vote to
>  *force everyone* to adhere to a plan which, although profit-sapping,
>  will at least be disaster-averting.

"Profits" ordinarily mean "the difference between earnings and costs".
I do not see how this margin would be reduced by a compulsory plan,
say, to reduce CO2 emissions everywhere.

What would be reduced by a global enforcement of such a plan is the
total amount of resources available to "mankind" to pursue other goals
and/or to limit other risks.

Stefano Vaj