[ExI] Under the libertarian yoke

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sat May 3 21:50:01 UTC 2008

Stuart, our Avantguardian, writes

> When I was in college, a friend of mine named James Pitts wrote a science
> fiction short story regarding genetically-engineered bacteria that [wrecked
> oil fields]
>
> Such an organism used on oil fields throughout the world might render them
> useless thus bringing the world to the point it would be in a few decades any
> way. One could conceivably do this without violence or even without anyone
> knowing it had been done deliberately.

Without violence?  Oh, you mean without the perpetrators
*themselves* doing any violence. You ignoring the vast
amount of violence that would suddenly result as millions
of people began to starve and most economies went under.

> Companies would have to switch to green energy because there would
> be no alternative.

And so you think that this could be quickly done without doing
any more harm than merely inconveniencing some people?

Lee