[ExI] Under the libertarian yoke

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun May 4 19:15:13 UTC 2008

Dagon Gmail wrote:
> I can only say I advocate criminal proceedings against
> people who do this, and I urge the maximum penalty under
> the law. I think in the US that is execution, for high treason.
>
> I am of the adamant persuasion these people don't really
> believe there is no acid rain or global warming, and even the
> majority of their collaborators do so.

I believe very sincerely that global warming is tremendously overhyped
and is distracting us from much more serious and immediate concerns.
Acid rain is a growing problem principally in areas that still burn a
lot of coal without modern safeguards.  Think China.   But all of that
pales in comparison by at least an order of magnitude if not two
compared to real energy shortage and the coming wars (already warming
up) over same and the growing economic meltdown.   If you want mundane
immediate issues these swamp the rest.

- samantha

> They just want their
> cake and rub the resulting excrement in the face of everyone
> else.

That is a contemptible way of dismissing those who disagree with you.