[ExI] Next Decade May See No Warming

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun May 4 19:34:06 UTC 2008

Stefano Vaj wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  The only way to
>>  solve the problem seems to be if there is an opportunity to vote to
>>  *force everyone* to adhere to a plan which, although profit-sapping,
>>  will at least be disaster-averting.
>>

> "Profits" ordinarily mean "the difference between earnings and costs".
> I do not see how this margin would be reduced by a compulsory plan,
> say, to reduce CO2 emissions everywhere.

If as the IPCC models say if you read them closely the median expected
temperature delta is around 1.6 degree C in 100 years then most of the
plans to date are hysterical overkill.   Also the Kyoto accords if fully
implemented would make less than a few hundreds of a degree difference
in the same 100 years.   So why exactly are we falling into CO2
hysterics?   I am strongly reminded of the anti-nuclear power hysteria
of the 70s.   An interesting question is why this hysteria is being
whipped up.

- samantha