[ExI] Under the libertarian yoke

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun May 4 20:01:11 UTC 2008

The Avantguardian wrote:
> --- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ### I can assure you that destroying our economy, including
>> agriculture, would spill many millions of gallons of blood, as the
>> population is reduced by about 70 - 80% in the ensuing food riots and
>> mass famine.
>>
>> Do you really hate "companies" so much that you can think about
>> something like that as a neat solution?
>>

> It's not about companies or hate, Rafal, in your own words, it is about
> "avoiding a miserable death on a parched planet". It's about cold rationality,
> inevitability, making difficult choices, and holding the current generation
> accountable for its own mistakes instead of dooming our children to untold
> suffering for the sake of our own short term luxury.

Come now.  The earth in the last 1000 years has experienced higher
temperatures than those actually projected.  Speaking of a "parched
planet" is hysterical.

> And it is certainly not a "neat solution" but I think 70%-80% dead is a gross
> overestimate. But even if you are right, 70% of 6 billion is a smaller loss
> than 100% of an eventual 10 billion. Remember the deer on the island? Ponds dry
> up and either the inhabitants develop lungs and crawl up onto dry land or they
> die. That's life.

You are a rather scary individual.  Even when the consequences are
pointed out with this lame scheme you claim it is justified.  I have
nothing further to say.   You are most certainly not any friend of
humanity.

- samantha