[ExI] Under the libertarian yoke

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed May 7 05:24:59 UTC 2008

2008/5/4 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 4:25 PM, The Avantguardian
> <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >  --- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > Brainstorm here with us on how to solve the problem of global warming,
> >  > assuming that we have been invaded by highly advanced (and therefore
> >  > libertarian) aliens, who say they will fry with lasers everybody who
> >  > initiates the use of force but they won't help us otherwise in dealing
> >  > with our problems (of course they won't, they are heartless
> >  > libertarians). So, willy-nilly, if you want to avoid a miserable death
> >  > on a parched planet, you have to deal with global warming without
> >  > simply grabbing a gun and going after people who disagree with you.

This problem would solve itself. Microseconds after their declaration
was announced, the aliens would notice initiation of force all over
the globe as part of normal affairs. Cue the lasers. Assuming the
lasers don't add to global warming themselves, civilisation would
fall, billions would die, and the remnant of humanity would no longer
have a significant impact on planetary systems.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com