[ExI] Under the libertarian yoke

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 7 15:02:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 4:43 AM, The Avantguardian
<avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  --- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > ### No worry, libertarians don't shoot innocent people. But we do
>  > ridicule ridiculous ideas, like the notion that oil cartels exist, or
>  > the completely magnolious idea that they control the US government.
>
>  Oh I get it. OPEC is a figment of my paranoid conspiracy fantasies.

### This is a *government cartel*, don't you know? To spell it out,
"OPEC ..... is  ....  a.... cartel .... of...... governments". Not a
cartel of oil companies.

I guess I should have spelled out "private oil cartels" above, even
though it was clear in context that we are talking about the
non-existence of private oil cartels in the US. Well, all efforts will
be made to make it really impossible for you to misunderstand.

-------------------------

>  They had to finance our purportedly non-oil-centric government's ongoing
>  military misadventure in the middle east somehow. I mean China wasn't going to
>  go on loaning us money forever. So they buckled down and actually paid their
>  taxes for a change. Think they deserve a good citizen medal for that? Do you
>  happen to have their taxes for the last 12 years? I imagine it would show an
>  upward trend when the wars began.

### That's why the oil companies ordered the US government to start
the war, right :), I mean it's obvious, they *wanted to pay more
taxes*!

You are hitting the nail on the head!

--------------------------

>  Look Rafal. I think you understand what I am saying but not quite getting where
>  it is coming from. For the love of yourself please think this through from your
>  own individual perspective rather than from the perspective of an "ism". I
>  don't hate the oil companies. It was a great ride while it lasted. They brought
>  America oportunities and memories that no previous civilization had even
>  thought possible. You want to retire them as heroes then fine but retire them
>  we must and soon or they'll be America's downfall. It's writ as large as Rome,
>  my friend.

### I capitulate before your unshakable faith, Stuart.

Rafal