[ExI] [wta-talk] Transhumanism in wikipedia - A Call for Max

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri May 9 01:03:39 UTC 2008

Sorry, I only looked at this now, but my life is pretty full these
months/years.

In Nov 2007, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:
>  I just went to read again the Wikipedia article on Transhumanism.

I read the Wikipedia article today for the first time. How profoundly
disappointing. Hundreds/thousands of people every day are being
introduced to transhuman ideas with *THAT*. Bleh.

>  think argument against transhumanism are given far too much space
>  compared to arguments in favor of transhumanist.

Hardly neutral. There is a strong bias running through it. Even
performing the most dumb-ass elementary school math of weighing words
positive or against the transhumanism ideas fails the Wikipedia neutral
POV.

and Justice replied:

>3. Transhumanist Loremaster and transhumanist sympathizer Russell Blackford
>collaborated (and sometimes fought) with StN, the self-described
>anti-transhumanist, to write this article which is what ensured the balance
>that the article currently has.

>Justice

Speaking as both yourself and Loremaster, how could you say anything different?

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado