[ExI] Wikipedia Corruption

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu May 15 16:34:08 UTC 2008

Bryan writes

> On Wednesday 14 May 2008, Lee Corbin wrote:
>> Are there broader charges of bias that people
>> *here* actually believe? A thematic bias against
>> Extropian thinking, futurism, or transhuman"ism"?
>> If so, what is the explanation of that? What about
>> this: our general worldwide society finds our
>> ideas strange and perhaps even threatening.
>> Can't that wholly account for it?

I still think that my question is a good one.

> What if you read the article?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

That article has a lot of good information in it, IMO.
Of course it's not as "pro-transhumanist" as we would
like. Stefano's next post clarifies the central point.

But whatever.  The main focus of my concern, as
indicated by the subject line, is *not* their handling
of one particular subject. I was inquiring to what
general extent Wikipedia and its scions can be
considered "corrupt". Several people, especially
BillK and Stefano, have made helpful remarks,
letting me know to what degree they agree with
Michael A's original accusation.

Lee