[ExI] Space Based Solar Power vs. Nuclear Fission

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun May 18 05:44:30 UTC 2008

Keith wrote in (English-speaking Google News....)

> If the coupling between energy and food is as modeled then the ride
> down the back side of peak oil/energy is going to reduce the world's
> human population to a small fraction of the current level...
> The rational thing would be to develop replacement energy, and space
> based solar power seems to be the best bet.

Perhaps you've addressed this before, but I missed it.

Having described the high initial investment costs regarding
space based solar power, why exactly do you believe this
to be a more feasible solution than further development of
conventional nuclear power?

Lee