[ExI] Space Based Solar Power vs. Nuclear Fission

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun May 18 06:31:11 UTC 2008

Bryan writes

> Why can't [use of engineering] contacts and [the assembly]
> of space-based solar power plans [be undertaken on-line]?

I hope I didn't mangle your sentence too badly :-)

I doubt if I understand your plan/campaign very well---
you may need to elaborate, but  I think that it's true
that you can point to certain software projects having
come to fruition in this manner.  Right?

> I'll host the schematics and the shell servers for people
> to dump git repos on and so on. Cost stuff can be done
> later. Research stuff can be mapped out and minimized
> via dumping the content out on a wiki and letting other
> eyes glance over it.

But are there examples of *manufacturing* projects
successfully materializing in this kind of grass-roots
fashion?  Nobody would be happier than I'd be to
read about (or at least know that there were) such
successful projects.

Lee