[ExI] Christianity: where to now?

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Mon May 19 03:42:59 UTC 2008

> Religion has an amazing power to adapt to the changing times.  It can
> be a painful and drawn out process, but still necessary for it's
> survival and success.  The coming century/possible Singularity will
> *greatly* speed this up.
I'm not sure who posted this comment, but I just wanted to add that the
Catholic church is an excellent example of this. In 1633 Galileo was
forced by the church to recant heliocentric material he wrote.
Fast-forward; A couple  the pope stated that evolution didn't contradict
the bible, and the other day he stated that alien life was perfectly
fine as well. I have to give Benedict XVI credit - at least he's making
an attempt to stay ahead of the curve.