[ExI] English-speaking Google News and Myanmar (Burma)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon May 19 19:43:45 UTC 2008

At 09:23 PM 5/19/2008 +0200, Thomas wrote:

>I've put
>the Christianity topic to debate with an aim. Now the same aim stands for
>the U.S. The usage of guns is a most controversial issue (even our American
>teacher told us so) but is only one among many problems. What stood ground
>well in previous times might not stand in a globalised world, right? What do
>you think of this?

Thomas, I'm afraid you are showing an unerring talent for picking
exactly the wrong topics. Historically, this list has been convulsed
by episodes of increasingly vehement and unproductive abusive
exchanges on the topic of gun ownership. Let's not go there again. (I
agree the topic is important, but experience informs us that nothing
is gained, and much can be lost, by trying to resolve it here.)

Damien Broderick