[ExI] Galactic Standard :)

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 07:42:19 UTC 2008

While reading BCE, BC and CE once more the same thought came. I think we
mostly do agree that globalization proceeds and it proceeds well enough.
Now, before we leave our beloved Blue Planet and begin establishing our
galactic dominion should there not be an accepted common protocol for
communication? OK, there is English. But as it is, not all people speak
English. There are many things the educated know about and are able to use
but what about the majority. This could be an agreement on global scale to
use the same system EVERYWHERE, like a full-stop to finalizing
globalization. The subject refers to Asimov's Galactic Standard (which was
derived from English at some point and had many dialects itself) and the
system of measurement they used. Has this topic referring to measurements
(protocols, basically) been discussed?

M1N3R