[ExI] About bullet-swallowing

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri May 23 03:26:16 UTC 2008

Serafino writes  (From: "scerir" <scerir at libero.it>)

> Rafal wrote:
>
>> I was wondering what else is a part of the
>> libertarian-many-worlder package. We already
>> have atheism, evolutionism, cryonics, [...].
>> Any other ideas?
>
> Realism. A many-worlder is a realist, because
> he thinks that wavefunctions (and their superpositions)
> are 'real', and not epistemic, or statistical,
> or informational, or probabilistic. Even the
> worlds are 'real' (but it seems paradoxical).
> s.

Yes, I'd add that (realism).  And here is my own list
of suggested additions in response to Rafal's query.
Here in this list I haven't explicitly distinguished Rafal's
original list (the top 6), and Serafino's (the bottom one)
from the rest of mine. Serafino's "realism" probably does
overlap a lot with my "scientific materialism and reductionism".

Lee

libertarian
many-worlder
make the logical rational Newcomb Paradox choice: take one box only
atheism
cryonics
evolutionism
scientific materialism and reductionism
PCR
extropian and transhumanist memes
your vote changes the outcome by more than one vote
    in a large election
when the only goal is *winning*, always defect in NIPD
    (Non-Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma) unless you're
    playing a mirror image or a recent close duplicate
genetic basis for genuine altruism
belief in race as a scientific category
   (races are subspecies with statistically differing genotypes)
understanding (if not necessarily appreciating) supply
   and demand, and price signals
realism