[ExI] Hungarian hybrid car

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 19:38:23 UTC 2008

http://www.solo-duo.hu/

"galéria" is for gallery. Take a look at the pictures, it's worth a minute.
Awesome design I'd say, cool looks for a car of the future. I'm sorry but I
found no English links... This project seems to have no advertising at all.
Too bad. :(

I'm sure you'll like this. I'll translate:
- So, to begin with, this is a car which may run using 25% the energy cars
use today.
- CO2 emission: 2-3.3 kg/100 km.
(There has been a lot of debate on global warming recently. This is a
co-project of the European Union and a Hungarian corporation, ANTRO. So the
EU does its job against global warming)
- SOLO-DUO can be divided into two, smaller cars. DUO is for 6, SOLO is for
3 passengers
- hybrid drive: solar cell, (m)ethanol, vegetable oil => engine is electric
and is attached to the wheels !!!
- optional manual drive via pedals (like in Flintstones :D), the car is
lightweight, made of composites
- 3.25 m long, 1.92 m wide, 1.17-1.45 m high, fitted with a 12/24 kW engine,
weighs only 270 kg !!! (like a motorbike)
- max speed: 140 km/h, so there will be no need for speed limits I suppose
:D
- eats up only 1.5 l/100 km with solar cells in use (that is like a 50 ccm
motorbike and this is a car :D)
- production around 2011-12, will cost about 3-3.5 million Forints/SOLO
(app. 12 272,287 Euro)

I await your response.
M1N3R