[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sun May 25 22:29:16 UTC 2008

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com :

>We must not let the old ways of doing things continue in the FLDS
>community.

Who's "we"?

So, try this on:

"We must not let the old ways of doing things continue in the Extropian
community."

>The state must make sure underage girls are not preyed
                           ^^^^^^^^
>upon by older men.

Please read the links of the last days more carefully.
For example:

http://www.wendymcelroy.com/news.php?extend.1577

"As the media ceases to tiptoe like scared mice around the blatant,
raging abuse of power that is the CPS in Texas (and elsewhere) other
details might emerge. For example, the vicious and known hoax of a phone
call that sparked the kidnapping of over 450 children may be explored
with something other than cursory, dismissive reporting. The fact that a
significant number of the "children" held were actually adults who
produced evidence of their adulthood to social workers may become
noteworthy to those towering media sleuths. Of course, the social
workers will and do deny such knowledge -- brushing aside signed
statements by some in which they acknowledge seeing evidence of
majority. Somewhere in the Mudville that is our media, a lone voice
might inquire as to the constantly changing numbers issued by the CPS.
At first it was 416 children abducted into its care; then it was 462. At
first, it was 31 underaged pregnancies; now it is 5...with defense
attorneys arguing that the number is actually 1, which would be far
below the national average for teen pregnancies BTW. Is anyone in
Mudville's media brave enough to inquire WHY the removal of children is
entrusted to bureaucrats who can't even count how many children they
kidnapped on one particular day? Will any of the talking-heads who
render legal opinions comment on the unprecedented class-action removal
of children by which if one specific person in a community is suspected
of child abuse, then ALL children in that community are removed? Where
in the media can you find a fucking spine?"

Amara