[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon May 26 14:36:45 UTC 2008

Lee says:
>To be blunt, I can't get over how condescending you and
>Keith sometimes are.

First of all, it is never my intention to be condescending. I don't
write volumes on this list, or any list because of my repetitive strain
injury (as you know) and enormous time constraints (now more than ever).
My messages are usually very short. Maybe the shortness, that you're
not accustomed to, has given you reasons to interpret it that way.

Second, a large point made in the links I posted was the adult age of
the girls, so then no, I don't think he read them carefully. That's not
condescending, that's just saying what I mean.

Third, if someone takes the time to give info and an argument is made
not using the info, or background research, then what does that say? For
the person posting information, it doesn't motivate them to do it again.
For people not thinking or researching carefully before writing, it
doesn't help raise the quality of the list either.

I would consider these latter points as factors why the high technical
level of the list that existed 10 years ago doesn't exist very much any
more. Eugene was among the last holdouts to raise the quality, and he gave
up.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado