[ExI] Manufacturing Project

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed May 28 02:27:06 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Kevin H wrote:
> Do you know about RepRap?
> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/tech/2F5C3C5D68A380EDCC257423006E
>71CD It was on Slashdot a while back.  It's an opensource project and
> can *almost* completely assemble itself.

Yep. This manufacturing project will put RepRap back on track. The
problem with RepRap is that it's not actually going to self-replicate
itself with its current design. It can't make its own thermoplastic
nozzle. That's kind of a big problem. :)

So, check out this:
http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Self-replication

The idea is to have all of the packages in SKDB, and then find
the "dependency loops", which will be the self-replicating machines.
RepRap will undoubtedly play a big role in the establishment of the
framework (of the design, I mean), but I know it's probably going to be
different.

- Bryan