[ExI] Life Extension and Human Life

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 3 02:16:42 UTC 2008

There are huge differences between the concept of life extension and human life.  From a biology point of view of our species we are like other planet species, different and combined. Sometimes we mix well and other times we don't.  From a humane perspective we can all agree that, "Don't do unto others what you don't want done to you". From a psychology point of view you could say that the statement is contradictory as you wouldn't know "don't do unto others what you don't want done to you" unless you have already done it or experienced it.  There are fine line definitions between beliefs, Gods, Rules and Regulations and/or Higher beings.

Based on my view, I would like to live as long as I can.  Whether my "higher being" or "beliefs" are real and rational, well I'll leave that up to behavioural psychologists.  I still believe that everything is not a wisp and that a grand plan is still existent whether his name is God or not.

I understand that under the Religious point of view this is not accepted.  Too bad. I don't feel condemned any which way.

My beliefs/ideas and/or thoughts are mine.  I would hope that the greater good is what any knowledgeable person is hoping for whether they have had religious, spiritual and/or thought experiences.

I hope to find a place like this.  Live forever, for more time but live.  If I am but a mere grain in the sand well at least I may be remembered for what I have tried to achieve for the good of all.

Shouldn't any humane species want this?

Just curious
Anna