[ExI] A paper that actually does solve the problem of consciousness

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 23:40:39 UTC 2008

The question about music goes to the question of 'real' quaila vs 'hallucinatory' quaila, a fundamental problem in the debate about qualia.

If we expose both ears to fixed frequencies, but one to a frequency a half-note or so over the other, the brain will somehow hear a sine wave. Where does that sine wave come from?

I suspect the answer to this question has something to do with music appreciation.

-gts