[ExI] Personal Pronouns

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 22:38:02 UTC 2008

I for one see no value in mangling the English language for the sake of gender equality. I think conscientious writers should instead use plurals.

Consider this horrible sentence that sacrifices grammar for gender equality:

"The professor gave each of his students the grade they deserved."

"They"? Gah! Why mangle the King's English?

I think we can instead use the following proper sentence to convey the same meaning:

"The professor gave all his students the grades they deserved."

-gts