[ExI] convergence 08

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:36:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Michael LaTorra <mlatorra at gmail.com> wrote:
> And for the rest of you PJ fans, please visit her website and then ask her
> how she came to be in the audience to see Bobby Fischer beat Boris Spassky
> in Reykjavik:
> http://www.pj-manney.com/index.html

Spike beat you to that question a few months ago.

My parents owned a media buying service (a kind of ad agency) and had
the Icelandic tourism board for a client.  I went there for a few
weeks with them (I was 7 that summer) and the government gave them
little perks as we travelled around, like tickets to one of the chess
matches.

I don't remember anything about the match (it was past my bedtime).  I
couldn't even tell you which match we attended, but in some box in a
NY storage room, I still have the tickets.  If I ever find them
cleaning out my parent's stuff, I'll take a picture and post them.
However, like many other kids back then, the match inspired me to
learn chess, although I gave up within months.  My talents do not lie
there.  ;-)

PJ