[ExI] Geek help needed!

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Nov 20 01:20:29 UTC 2008

Folks, this problem my wife Barbara is having is the sort of thing a
computer person would know how to solve in an instant, I think.
Neither of us, alas, is a computer person. I don't even know if this
info is the relevant data, but here goes:

Barbara backs up her work product from the office to home on a
stand-alone box called a Lacie (I think). She tried to access it just
now from her home machine and can't. I gather she bought a dedicated
cable that is meant to allow this, but nothing is coming out the end.

Anyone who can shed light on this infuriating problem is invited to
contact us offline at

blamar at lamar-law.com

with a cc to me at <thespike at satx.rr.com>

Apologies for prevailing on the generosity of fellow extropes!

Thanks,

Damien Broderick