[ExI] A Mammoth for $10 Million

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:59:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> But probably a sad mess. First you need to find an egg with exactly
> appropriate extra-nuclear materials; oh, bad luck, no mammoth mothers left.

Come on, any kind of uterus or ectogenetic growth is a much better
computer to "calculate" a phenotype from DNA than any alternative we
may have at hand, and I have little doubts that however imperfect the
results they would add much to just pondering over a few old bones.

After all, if we are going to make use of bovine eggs to clone human
material on a large scale, Neanderthals and mammuths can well have to
accept a similar compromise.

Stefano Vaj