[ExI] Re.: celtic woman

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Nov 22 18:25:56 UTC 2008

At 05:46 PM 11/22/2008 +0000, Ben wrote:

> From the sound of the posts on this, i was expecting something with
> the looks of the Suicide Girls and the sounds of Led Zeppelin. My
> expectations were not met.

Fwiw, my comment about transhumanists in action at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdxRmcgsKDQ

was a shorthand way of pointing to a combination of rapturous song
with the swooping, soaring, almost supernatural skating that, for me,
emulated dancing in low gravity, or maybe enhanced, powered >H
bodies. The actual choreography seems to me fairly banal, even
coarsely vulgar, but the sheer physical grace of the man and woman
skating seems almost to transcend ordinary human capacities--the
apparent *effortlessness* of it.

Damien Broderick