[ExI] Re.: celtic woman

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sun Nov 23 23:46:08 UTC 2008

From: "spike" <spike66 at att.net>

 >Ben, I have a notion that might make you feel good to be alive in
 > the 21 century.

Believe me, I feel uniquely privileged to be alive now.
OK, I wouldn't mind being 20 years younger (hm, but then I'd have missed
out on Led Zeppelin)

 > I recall hearing these songs when they were new, back in my misspent
 > youth, but ...

This reminds me of the home-made valve-amplified single-speaker record
player that I listened to my first records on.  It was truly awful.
Didn't stop me appreciating the music though.  I still have one of my
very first LPs, The Planets, by Holst, played by the London Philharmonic
Orchestra, conducted by Sir Adrian Boult. It was totally ruined by that
record player.  It took me ages to track down a CD of exactly the same
(remastered) recording.  The difference, of course is amazing.

Although, those old vinyl LPs have survived much better than cassette tapes.

 >Things are still getting better.  Waaaay better.  Life is goood.

Indeed.  Although we are fast approaching the point at which it will
very rapidly get much much better, or much much worse. Or stop altogether.
But whatever happens, it's an amazing time to be alive.

Ben Zaiboc