[ExI] The bailout

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 1 08:20:25 UTC 2008

"Samantha  Atkins" <sjatkins at mac.com>

> unless massive government spending cuts were made the
> government's  standard activities would result in
> massively more debt.

That is of course absolutely true. However I think the
primary evil is not government debt, the mother of all evil is
 the large percentage of the economy that the government
controls. I would rather see a small government deeply in
 debt than a huge government that can account for every
penny. Even better than both would be no government at all.

Samantha, on other matters we disagree very very deeply,
but on this particular question I don't think your opinion
would be radical different from mine.

 John K Clark