[ExI] Google funding opportunity

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:29:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:

> http://www.project10tothe100.com/
>
> Basically, they're looking for ideas that will help a lot of
> people.

                                            <snip>

> Given the odds (and given as I suspect most
> serious world-changing R&D proposals will be dismissed out
> of hand as "impossible" or "impractical", with evidence to the
> contrary ignored), I doubt we'll wind up "competing" for the
< prize money in any serious sense.

Normally, Adrian, I'd agree with you re the pessimistic default
presumption, but we're dealing with Google culture here, not your
standard tired, conventional, corporate old boy fossil culture.  So I
think there's maybe more room for optimism.

Best, Jeff Davis

               "You are what you think."
                              Jeff Davis