[ExI] Psi trickery- was Re: QT and SR

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 12:45:29 UTC 2008

--- Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

> Just where are you going with this line of questioning? I suspect
> that you have a hidden agenda and are trying to make the
> entire possibility of the preposterous notion that ESP-like
> phenomena could have a scientific basis more plausible to
> innocent readers unaware of your wiles. Enough trickery,
> Damien!  Out with it.

Well I know you are a skeptic, Lee, so I challenge you to see if you fall for
my trickery. Pretend for a moment that I am a gypsy fortune teller. I hereby
offer to make a prediction about you and post it to the list. This prediction
will affect you personally. The catch is that I charge $50.00 USD for my
services.

The twist however is that you and you alone get to decide if my prediction is
accurate and if it indeed pertains to you. You and you alone decide if my
prediction was fufilled or if it was total bullshit. If you decide my
prediction comes true, then you are contractually obligated, with the whole
list as witnesses, to pay me my agreed upon fee and furthermore admit the
possibility of psi. If my prediction does not come true, then you are
contractually and morally obligated to refuse to pay my fee and may freely
proclaim to the world that I am a charlatan and a fraud.

If you agree to my terms, say so and I will make my prediction.

Stuart LaForge

"A portion of mankind take pride in their vices and pursue their purpose; many more waver between doing what is right and complying with what is wrong." - Horace