[ExI] QT and SR

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 00:09:29 UTC 2008

2008/9/8 John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:

> How does Many Worlds explain how 2 electrons effect each
> others movements without resorting to action at a distance?
> And please don't give me yet another lecture about the
> impossibility of establishing the absolute temporal priority of 2
> events, and don't pontificate about how forces can't travel
> faster than light; I've known both of those things for most of my
> life. Just answer the damn question!

MWI does not allow you to make an arbitrary measurement decision,
being a deterministic theory. In a single world theory, you have the
choice of measurement A or B at your electron after the two have
separated, and the distal electron will always be found to correlate
as if it knew what you were going to do; which is bizarre, because
even you didn't know what you were going to do until you did it. But
in the MWI, in one world you definitely chose A and in the other you
definitely chose B. It still feels as if you had a "free" choice
because you only experience one world at a time, but that's just an
illusion. The distal electron will always correlate with your
electron, because all along it was in either the universe where you
made the A measurement or in the universe where you made the B
measurement.

To repeat: in the MWI you didn't really make an arbitrary measurement
decision after the electrons had separated; you only thought you did.

--
Stathis Papaioannou