[ExI] happy birthday robert pirsig

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 08:24:26 UTC 2008

At 07:49 AM 9/8/2008 +0000, BillK wrote:

> > The observed lab effect sizes are small. If the principles underlying the
> > anomalies are ever elucidated, I'm sure we'll have industrial-strength Psi
> > Machines (whatever that means) within... oh, 40 years?
>
>The effect of compound interest is also small.

Uh huh. You set up a system as complicated as an investment bank, pay
for it, let me use it as a psi system, and come back in 40 years.

Besides, that's not what I said; I'm talking about results one might
expect from a theorized understanding of what still is currently
visible but tricky to pin down for a reliable application. Is anyone
using neutrinos at the moment to make money (aside from throwing away
antineutrinos from reactors)?

Damien Broderick