[ExI] Facebook is freaking me out

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:39:01 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008, BillK wrote:
> Reminds me of the hive of communication inside large organizations
> where there are so many emails, messages, meetings, etc. all cc'd to
> everyone else, that most of the time is spent in communicating and
> they have to hire contractors to get any actual work done.

The way to fix this is if there was something implemented called
pingbacks. Suppose you have my special new calendar optimization
software installed, and you've kicked my butt enough to get me to
implement pingbacks to 'events'. When 'events' are set up, you could
theoretically have plugins for various calendar systems to send a ping
back to you informing you of either somebody's coming to an event, or
their conditions upon coming per other constraints of their schedule.
This way you still get the organicness while also getting the benefits
of centralized scheduling (without their being some centralized fist
with a hammer in its hands).

- Bryan