[ExI] ESP

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 11 18:59:20 UTC 2008

At 11:44 AM 9/11/2008 -0400, JKC wrote:

>Although I have a hunch there may be some here who won't like it
>I have found a 30 minute video who's philosophy toward ESP is
>remarkably similar to mine

So it seems. Of course almost all of what is shown amid the usual
Penn and Teller antics and outbursts is BULLSHIT, a child could see
that. The small part that actually mentions real psi research just
makes claims--that it doesn't work, the statistics were actually at
chance level, the money was wasted--while providing zero evidence or
argument for these claims. This is coarse lowbrow entertainment at
the expense of people stupid enough to be taken in by corner-store
"psychics," plus a few mandatory but empty slaps at serious work. Big
deal. Try harder next time, and show your work.

Damien Broderick