[ExI] ESP

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 12 01:34:01 UTC 2008

At 05:04 PM 9/11/2008 -0700, John Grigg wrote:

>I must confess that I have not yet read your book on psi.

Few people have, evidently. Get yr local library to order a copy if
you can't afford to buy one. I can't replicate the whole 90,000 words here.

>I have a strong feeling there may yet be another *underground*
>project currently going on that would meet with your rigorous
>approval in terms of how they do things.

One might think so. Ed May says he doesn't believe it, though.

>Do you think there is a genetic aspect to psi?

Some possible evolutionary aspects of psi are discussed a bit in the book.

>Will we in the future be able to isolate "psi genes" and tweak them
>to create psionicists like the ones in the pages of science fiction?

I doubt it. But technology guided by deep insight can often boost
what nature's stumbled on.

Damien Broderick