[ExI] Cool Physics

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Sep 13 15:06:39 UTC 2008

> ...On Behalf Of John K Clark
> Subject: [ExI] Cool Physics
>
> ... but I can imagine making a mini Black Hole and that
> would be very cool indeed because it would demonstrate the
> existence of other dimensions...

John, why would making a black hole demonstrate addition dimensions?

> ...However it was decided in
> the early 90's that we could only afford one really big
> science project; we could have the Superconducting Super
> Collider (SSC) or the Fucking International Fucking Space
> Fucking Station (FIFSFS) but not both.
>
> It was decided to go with FIFSFS.
>
>  John K Clark

Oy vey, ja.  I am a hard core space fan and even *I* recognize how bad a
decision that was in 1993.  But it is even worse than that.  The station
needs access, the space shuttle was slated for retirement in 2010, the
Russians are acting up and you know they will soon invade the Baltics, so we
don't want to be dependent on them for access to space, nor the other
commies in China, so now we hafta keep the space shuttles flying loooong
after their retirement age at stunning expense and nail-biting risk.  I
would not be at all surprised if another one comes apart on re-entry.
Aluminum has metal fatigue characteristics that make it very unforgiving
stuff when you play close to the margins, as one must do on spacecraft.  The
FIFSFS is hurting us on multiple levels and keeps on hurting.